In on consignment is a custom 5 string bass by esteemed luthier Kenneth Lawrence. This bass has really strong fundamental resonance. Especially with the lower notes. The action currently sits at 0.15" on the bass side and 0.13" on the treble and is currently strung with a set of 40-125 to keep the action as low as possible. The fretboard is adorned with blue LEDs that are switchable via a toggle switch and the other controls include a Master Volume, Pickup Blend, and 3 Band Active EQ (very powerful cuts and boosts to get a ton of different tones). This bass just came back from a setup over at Mill City Lutherie and is all ready to go!
The neck has light-medium relief. The truss rod is maxed out so it cannot be tightened to straighten the neck- thus requires it be played with as light of strings as possible. It plays great with the 40-125 set that is currently strung up with, and would prefer a temperate environment at 45-60% humidity.
Brand: Ken Lawrence
Model: Custom 5 String
Case: Gator Hard Shell
Weight: 9.6 lbs
- Body Wood: 2 Piece Ash Body with Quilt Maple Top
- Color: Transparent Black
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Pickguard: N/A
- Body Shape: Double Cut
- Body Style: Solid Body
- Neck Wood: 3 Piece Maple (Light Figuring)
- Neck Joint: 5 Bolt
- Neck Shape: Wide D
- Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Nut Width/Material: 1.795"
- Scale: 35"
- Frets: 24 with LED Side Dots
- Neck Width at 1st Fret: 1.896"
- Neck Width at 12th Fret: 2.688"
- Neck Depth at 1st Fret: 0.792"
- Neck Depth at 12th Fret: 0.849"
- Radius: 12"
- Action: 0.15" on bass and 0.13" on treble
- Strings: 40-125
- Pickups: 2 x Bassline Active Humbuckers
- Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Blend, 3 Band Active EQ, 2 Way Switch for fretboard lighting
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Black 5 Saddle Bridge
- Tuners: 5 Black Gotoh Closed Back Tuner with "D Tuner"
- Knobs: Black Dome
- Very Good
- basses/acoustic guitars