Adam Meyer hand builds every Mill City Lutherie guitar right here in Minneapolis, and every one of them is a treat to play. Adam balances utility and sophistication ineffably with his Longfellow "Double Thinline" model. Drawing some inspiration from the semi-hollow Telecaters from the late 60's and early 70's, the Longfellow has dual f-holes, 50s Gibson wiring, and a set of handwound pickups designed and made by Adam in his shop. The guitar sings in the midrange when unplugged, and the pickups replicate that gorgeous tone while adding round (but refined) bass and excellent treble detail. The Longfellow's bridge pickup is a recent innovation from Mill City Lutherie, with a split-coil hum cancelling design that utilizes AlNiCo 2 magnets for the unwound treble strings, and AlNiCo 5 magnets for the wound bass strings. You really have to hear this one to grasp the balance of this pickup- it is truly a feat in the pickup world. To top it off the oil finish looks fantastic, and is easy to maintain or touch up. The figuring in the maple top looks almost iridescent in the right light, and a matching headstock really completes the picture... This is one of our favorites yet in this "Crush" orange burst!
Aside from looking and sounding great, the Longfellow is a guitar you can play all day with no fatigue. Its low action and smooth feel allows your ideas to come out unencumbered on the fingerboard, limiting the amount of interruptions between your brain and hands. Stop by the shop if you're local and see for yourself!
Brand: Mill City Lutherie
Case: Mono Gig Bag
Weight: 7.6 lbs
- Body Wood: Bookmatched maple body cap on 2 piece chambered ash core.
- Color: Orange dyed top
- Finish: Natural Oil Finish
- Pickguard: N/A
- Body Shape: T Style
- Body Style: Semi-Hollow
- Neck Wood: One piece Maple
- Neck Joint: 4 Bolt
- Neck Shape: Modern C
- Finish: Oil Finish
- Fingerboard: Zircote
- Truss Rod: 2 way Spoke Nut
- Nut Width/Material: 1 11/16" Bone
- Headplate: Orange dyed Maple
- Neckplate: Stainless Steel
- Scale: 25.5"
- Frets: 22 Jescar medium jumbo nickel silver (0.047x0.104)
- Fret Inlays: 5mm Mother of Pearl dots
- Neck Depth at 1st Fret: 0.858"
- Neck Depth at 12th Fret: 0.888"
- Radius: 12"
- Action: 0.06"
- Strings: 10-46
- Pickups: Bridge- Hum-Cancelling Split Longfellow T-Style Pickup. Treble strings AlNiCo 2 magnets, wound strings AlNiCo 5 magnets. Neck- Longfellow low-wind neck minihumbucker. (Average bridge resistance 7.4k ohms, Average neck resistance 6.0k ohms.)
- Controls: Volume, Volume, Tone, Tone, (Wired 50's Les Paul style)
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Callahm Vintage T compensated Telecaster bridge
- Tuners: Grover Sta-tite tuners
- Knobs: Chrome