Just in! This beautiful Candy Apple Green Custom Shop Telecaster may be sacrilege to the folks playing in the honky tonks and dives over half a century ago, but we love it here at El Diablo! In 1952 you only had a couple colors to choose from, so the story behind this one is probably that it was "refinished" in this luxurious green from a butterscotch blonde (blackguard intact!)
A nice relic, a player-friendly meld of classic and modern specs, and a set of Twisted Tele pickups make this guitar stand out among the purely vintage reissues and your average new American models. This one was set up with 8s by the previous owner and we had too much fun playing it to change gauges! Effortless playability up and down the neck with plenty of speed and sustain, tall and perfectly crowned frets, and a bend-friendly 9.5" radius!
This Custom Shop offering is for the discerning guitarist. An aesthetically minded player who wants a vintage look that's ergonomic, and can compete sonically with a modern band. This is your new #1!!
Model: Custom Shop 1952 Telecaster Standard Reissue
Weight: 7.2 lbs
Case Candy: COA, Build Sheet, Hangtags, CS Strap, Bridge Cover, Chrome Knobs, CS Guitar Picks, Misc. Hardware for Pickups and Wiring
- Body Wood: 1 Piece Ash
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Style: Solid Body
- Color: Candy Apple Green
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Pick guard: Single Ply Black
- Neck Wood: Relic'd 5/4 Quarter Sawn Maple
- Neck Profile: 57 Style Soft V
- Neck Joint: 4 Bolt
- Neck Plate: Vintage Relic Telecaster
- Neck Finish: Medium Tint Nitrocellulose
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Nut Width/Material: 1.650" Bone
- Scale: 25.5"
- Radius: 9.5"
- Frets: 21 (Sanko 6105)
- 1st Fret Neck Depth: 0.850"
- 12th Fret Neck Depth: 0.990"
- Action: 0.06" on both bass and treble side
- Strings: 8-38
- Pickups: Relic'd Twisted Custom Shop Telecaster Pickups
- Controls: Volume, Tone, 3 Way Selector
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Telecaster 51-54 WO PU REL PH HD
- Tuners: Vintage Relic'd with Fender Logo
- Knobs: Relic'd Knurled Chrome
- electric guitars