2017 CME Exclusive Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard Guitar
This CME Exclusive LP was sent off to Bad Mojo Makeovers in 2019 and returned a meticulous replica of Billy Gibbons' beloved "Pearly Gates" Les Paul. Everything down to the serial number was modified to reflect the appearance of the guitar. Numerous authentic 50s Gibson and Throbak aged parts were added to recreate the full effect (see for a full list below). Most importantly the guitar plays like a dream! Currently strung with 9s, hammer ons and pull-offs respond with lightning speed and the first fret to the last are standing tall with perfect crowns. The chunky neck provides excellent stability for fast runs and extended soloing, easily allowing bends of a minor 3rd interval and more. And the Custombuckers may be some of Gibson's most convincing classic PAFs yet- offering warm and mellow clean tones, as well as a liquid, 3-dimensional overdrive that offers all the dynamics you can handle with the attack of your pick. This is the guitar Rock 'n roll was built on, at a fraction of a fraction of the price of an original '59.
Model: CME Exclusive Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul R9
Relic Job: Bad Mojo
- Top Material: CME Hand-Selected Plain Maple
- Top Finish: Kindred Burst Fade
- Top Binding: .09 Cream
- Back Material: Mahogany 1-Piece, Light
- Pickguard: Dave Johnson aged
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: CME Hand-Selected 1-Piece Rosewood
- Inlays: Historic Makeovers cellulose nitrate
- Fingerboard Binding: .04 Cream
- Nut: Nylon
- Inlays: Historic Trapezoid
- Fretwire: Historic
- Scale: 24.75"
- Radius: 12"
- 1st Fret Depth: 0.923"
- 12th Fret Depth: 1.025"
- Pickups: Gibson Custombuckers
- Pots: Historic Makeover CTS vintage taper pots
- Capacitors: Luxe PIO bumblebee capacitors
- Output Jack: 1950s Switchcraft
- Tuners: Throbak aged Kluson single line single rings
- Bartlett cream M-69 rings (lightest versions
- Tailpiece: Throbak aged Kluson lightweight tailpiece
- Bushings:1950s Gibson
- Jackplate: 1950s Gibson creas
- Switch Tip: 1950s Gibson amber
- Knobs: 1950s Gibson
- Pointers: 1950s Gibson
- Pickguard Mounting Bracket: 1950s Gibson
- Strap Buttons: 1950s Gibson long-anchor
- 1970 Les Paul switch ring washer
- Pigtiail ABR-1
- Throbak aged losng studs
- 1950s ABR-1 posts
- 1950s ABR-1 thumbwheels
- Selector Switch: 1950s Switchcraft no-logo
8 lbs 7 oz
Includes OHSC, COA, and hang tags.
CME Guitars video